Looseleaf and Handbooks
Payroll World Magazine (PW)
Payroll World is a full-colour monthly magazine that provides a comprehensive and reliable news summary and a detailed analysis of the latest payroll and HR events.
Experts guide you through the most significant industry developments, legislation and case law, while in-depth articles help you resolve technical difficulties with PAYE, NICs, SSP, SMP, P11D completion and much more.
Payroll World Magazine provides information that payroll and HR professionals need to keep ahead of any major changes and to make the right decisions for their employees.
* Practical, informative and up-to-date articles
* Readers' questions answered by payroll experts
* Regular profiles of Payroll and HR professionals
* Latest Payroll and HR industry news.
Employer's Pay and Benefits Manual
This work provides practical guidance to employers and payroll managers in order to protect, prepare and guide them in relation to accounting for tax and National Insurance contributions during the tax year and reporting and qualifying certain expenses and non-cash benefits after the year end.
The subject matter includes:
* an A to Z of benefits and expenses, allowing the book to be used as a day-to-day reference guide on tax and NICs treatment of common benefits and expenses
* general and specific aspects of benefits and expenses, including administration, recording and reporting of details and obtaining dispensations from HMRC
* compliance with income tax and National Insurance requirements on benefits and expenses issues
* preparing for, conducting, and settling HMRC audits of employers' pay and benefits systems
* selected extracts from HMRC Manuals as well as relevant Statements of Practice, Extra-Statutory Concessions and Codes of Practice
* comprehensive tables of rates including tax, NI, authorised mileage rates and official rates of interest etc. Essential guidance and assistance for the busy personnel manager, tax manager, finance director and payroll manager. Four updates per year
Essential guidance and assistance for the busy personnel manager, tax manager, finance director and payroll manager.
National Insurance Contributions
Widely regarded as the 'Bible' of NIC law, this comprehensive guide will answer in depth virtually every point or query put to you for compliance, planning or NIC mitigation purposes.
With the continuing alignment of National Insurance contributions with Income Tax it's more important than ever that you are aware of the full implications of changes, amongst the content in this year's annual is: further Pensions Act 2007 coverage and Finance Act 2008 NICs implications; National Insurance Contributions Act 2008 and increased UEL effects of Upper Accrual Point on contracting out, maximum liability, etc.; and further consultation on 'alignment'.
All other new legislative and case law commentary will of course be included.
Tolley's National Insurance Contributions is written in an easy-to-read style and with numerous worked examples. This is the practical book for the busy practitioner or accountant in commerce who needs full, accurate and authoritative answers in a hurry.
Payroll Fact File
The Payroll Fact File provides practical information on every aspect of payroll procedures in an easy-to-read looseleaf format. It takes a procedural approach to the subject, with many worked examples, checklists and flow charts provided throughout to help you work logically through all your payroll queries.
There are many situations when you need to know the law as it relates to pay and benefits. You may need to assess the implications of an employee using a company car or to calculate the remuneration owing to a pregnant employee. Whatever the query, it is at times like these when you should turn to the hands-on guidance of the Payroll Fact File, to ensure you are carrying out the correct procedures and calculations.
* Regular, comprehensive updates
* Checklists, tables and flow charts
* Numerous worked examples
The Payroll Fact File is designed to keep those engaged in payroll and related tasks updated with ever-changing legislation and payroll procedures. The cost of your annual subscription includes six updates per year.
Payroll Key Series
Regular and concise briefing booklets on current payroll topics, from Home Computer initiative to Employing Employees from Abroad and the New Pensions Tax Regime.
Key Series issues:
1. Treatment of Travel and Subsistence Expenses
2. Flexible Benefits
3. Expatriate Employees: Income Tax and
4. The European Data Protection Directive
5. The Working Time Directive
6. Unlawful Deductions from Wages
7. The National Minimum Wage
8. Statutory Rights to Time off Work
9. Employment Relations Act
10. Working Families' Tax Credits
11. Stakeholder Pensions
12. Employee Share Plans
13. National Insurance
14. Company Car Taxation
15. Unfair Dismissal Developments
16. IR35 and the Supply of Personal Services
17. Termination Payments
18. Repayment of Student Loans
19. Developments in Discrimination Law
20. Salary Sacrifice
21. The Employment Act 2002 – Introduction
22. Small Employers
23. Work and family balance: A guide to workplace laws aimed at parents and families
24. Electronic Exchange
25. Working Tax Credit
26. Pension Credit
27. Tax Exemptions and Deductions
28. Data Protection – An Update
29. Stakeholder Pensions
30. Employer Supported Childcare
31. Home Computer Initiative(HCI)
32. Employing Employees from Abroad
33. The New Pensions Tax Regime
34. Salary Sacrifice Updated
35. National Insurance Procedures and Anomalies
36. Employing and Employee From Abroad - An Update
37. Dispensations and PAYE Settlement Agreements
39. In Year and End of Year Online Filling
40. Update on Working Time Regulations
41. Irish Payroll
42. In Year Online Filling of Starters and Leaver Information
43. The Construction Industry Scheme
44. Preventing Illegal Working
45. Attachments and Arrestments